There are so many choices out there for all things baby and it can feel a bit overwhelming at times. Here are a few mummy and baby products that I have tried and tested. There is not a one size fits all product out there, so what works/doesn’t work for me, might be totally different for you. None the less, i hope you find some of it helpful or even share things you have tired that you feel works better. I certainly love hearing about other peoples experiences!
Nappies – Reusable
I am a huge fan of reusable nappies and generally speaking we use them all day and then switch to a disposable over night. That’s not to say I have tired any over night yet but when I do, I’ll report back on that too.
Bambino Mio – Miosolo
***** Great fit, fab designs and easy to use nappy.
- This is an all in one nappy. Definitely easy to stuff. The liner is actually attached to the back of the nappy with a little pocket for your hand so you can guide it through.
- No having to pull out wet liners before washing. This great design can be put right into the washing machine and it will unfold itself as it washes.
- Three size choices. There are poppers on the front so you can pick which size is best for your baby.
- Velcro tabs. The velcro tabs are great as they hold really well when in use and they can also fold back on themselves when not in use so that the rough part is hidden. Just remember to fold them over every time you remove them as it will protect the nappy and anything else it touches.
- Contains mess. I have personally never had poo escape from this nappy which is rather nice. It generally holds pee well especially when baby is little (see con).
- Wash well. As you can imagine there has been a lot of potentially staining mess in the nappies over the months and yet they are still not marked. I generally wash at 50 degrees for nappies.
- Lovely material. The fabric feels lovely an soft both on the inside and outside of the nappy. It feels like it would be comfortable.
- Quick dry. I feel that they dry pretty quickly. I can wash them in the evening when DD goes to bed, shove them on my radiator rack (the heating is not on all night) and they will be dry and ready to use mid morning the following day.
- Great designs. Lets face it, one of the perks of using cloth nappies is that fact that they are incredibly cute. The Miosolo comes in a range of different patterns with some more designed to gender, although I personally feel a lot could be unisex.
- Saturation. This was not a problem when my baby was little but now I find that if I am not on the ball then it can easily and quickly shift from fine to saturated. I generally feel we can’t go over two hours in one at the moment. However there is a solution to this problem. An additional liner. While a little frustrating when a pro was the fact it was an all in one nappy, I feel it is the best rescue for what is a very good nappy. I love the nappy enough that I am happy to shove an extra liner in and continue using them or do more frequent nappy changes.
- A little bulky. This is quite a “full” nappy so it can sometimes be a little snug under clothes.
Bum Genius – Elemental
***** Long lasting dryness. Great fit.
- This is an all in one nappy. There are two liners which are semi attached. They are loose in the middle but held in at the front and back of the nappy.
- Light weight and thin. This nappy is surprising absorbent for a thin and light weight nappy.place
- Wash well. Another very easy to wash nappy as it can just be thrown straight into the washing machine without having to remove any wet liners. There is some slight staining on this nappy but I think it is because of the absorbent liner.
- Contains mess. I have had no problems with leaking or escaping poo or pee. They also last very well and there is always an option to add in additional liners if needed.
- A choice of sizing. This nappy has numerous poppers for sizing in body length and around the tummy.
- Nice selection of colours. While this nappy doesn’t have as much choice in colour or design as some other cloth nappies; the colours that is does come in are very nice.
- Material. While the liners are very absorbent, the material doesn’t feel as soft as some other types. I’m sure it is still just as comfortable for the child though.
- Drying time. Again as the liners are so absorbent it is probably not surprising that it takes a bit longer to dry. As the liners are not removable, it also means you have to find a way to let air in and around the two liners to help speed up drying time.