Running in the dark isn’t something I would normally do but the day had been so hectic, I didn’t have another option. I really wanted to achieve my run as I had missed my exercise class, so off I set once my baby was down for the night.
It was actually very pleasant running in the dark. The beach was my own private space to let off steam and leave the day behind me. The moon softly shimmered across the sea and touched the tops of the trees in front of me, picking out tiny bits of detail. It was lovely and cool after a hot day, the muggy air had broken and had left a beautiful freshness.
Some parts of the path I ended up on where too tree covered to see more than a few steps ahead so I powered walked through those parts and ran as soon as I was in a clearing again.
Running in the dark isn’t something I would do just anywhere for safety reasons but in my little safe spot with only the cows around, it was a little peace of tranquility at the end of a crazy day.
Wife and mother, x
Do you cloth nappy your baby or are thinking about it? Cloth nappies are great for the environment and are so easy to use. Most people worry about having to touch the soiled nappy once used but as a clean freak, believe me the the positives outweigh the negatives.
Picking the brand of nappy that works best for you and your little one can be tricky. I have been trying out different brands and the products they offer. Check out my latest review of the Bum Genius Elemental nappy. This all in one cloth nappy is a fantastic little buy and I feel it is totally worth buying.
Bum Genius – Elemental
***** Long lasting dryness. Great fit.
- This is an all in one nappy. There are two liners which are semi attached. They are loose in the middle but held in at the front and back of the nappy.
- Light weight and thin. This nappy is surprising absorbent for a thin and light weight nappy.place
- Wash well. Another very easy to wash nappy as it can just be thrown straight into the washing machine without having to remove any wet liners. There is some slight staining on this nappy but I think it is because of the absorbent liner.
- Contains mess. I have had no problems with leaking or escaping poo or pee. They also last very well and there is always an option to add in additional liners if needed.
- A choice of sizing. This nappy has numerous poppers for sizing in body length and around the tummy.
- Nice selection of colours. While this nappy doesn’t have as much choice in colour or design as some other cloth nappies; the colours that is does come in are very nice.
- Material. While the liners are very absorbent, the material doesn’t feel as soft as some other types. I’m sure it is still just as comfortable for the child though.
- Drying time. Again as the liners are so absorbent it is probably not surprising that it takes a bit longer to dry. As the liners are not removable, it also means you have to find a way to let air in and around the two liners to help speed up drying time.
This will probably be one of many blogs about nappies as time goes on. It is a topic that is constantly on my mind. Whether you choose to use cloth nappies or disposables. Huggies or Pampers. Bum genius or Bambino Mio. We are all desperate to get the best ones to avoid those oh so horrible leaking nappies!
Well this is on my mind this morning as I wake up to a leaked nappy. Pajamas and bed sheets soaked! Unfortunately this also happened in my bed. The bigger the bed, the bigger the sheets to fit in a laundry load. So suddenly I have more washing to do today!
Now I personally feel that it isn’t just about the nappy; I believe if I haven’t put it on just right then there is more chance of it leaking. By right I mean, carefully unfolded before putting on and ensuring that the tabs and their partners are flush and not crunched or bunched around the top of the leg (challenging when she wriggles and will not lie still). Check all ruffles are out. The top of the nappy must be not bent or tucked in. Slightly anal I know! Now yes, this is probably how everyone does it and during the day I don’t even think twice. It is a very quick nappy change while rushing around. I shove it on, check it looks all right and off I go.
However…the bedtime nappy is something of a piece of art in the evening. The fear of it not sitting quite right and the elevated risk that this will be the nappy with the most chance of leaking puts a lot of pressure on it.
I have tried quite a few brands as I am sure most of us have. I have found most nappies have the occasional leak. None are perfect as far as I have found. Although so far my favorite is the Pampers baby-dry. It is the favorite for now anyway. That is not to say that I think it is perfect. This is the second day on the trot that I have woken to discover the nappy has leaked. Why continue using them I hear you ask? Well quite simply I get more success than failure and the fear of using another type and ending up with more failure than success is too scary to try. At least for now.
Wife and mother, x